Mount Carmel Academy
Mount Carmel School was originally opened in 1900 at 2021 Clinton Ave. as a school for boys and girls which was the Lydon home. The school was run by the Sisters of Charity the Incarnate Word. In 1913 the cornerstone was laid where the school is currently located at 2006 North Houston. The school operated independently from the parish, but maintained a close relationship with the church. It schooled children from elementary to high school until 1958. That was also the last year that sisters resided at the school led by Sister Kary Edward, Superior, Sister M. Kiaran, Assistant, Sisters Aloysia Henry (music teacher), Gregoria Treas and John Bernard. On May 31, 1958 the school closed under the name of Mount Carmel Academy.
All Saints Academy
All Saints Academy was dedicated at 2115 BelleAve. in the Rosen Heights area on the north side of Fort Worth, on December 10, 1905. The ceremony was officiated by the Rev. M. A. Mckeough, Rev. R.M. Nolan of Gainsville, and Rev. J.P. Lynch of Dallas. The structure was a two and a half story brick structure measuring 54x50 feet at a cost of about $12,000.00. The school was run under the direction of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Mother Superior Adolf and 4 sisters. In 1925, All Saints Academy closed to merge with a neighboring school known as Mount Carmel Academy located on 2006 North Houston Street. In 1957, All Saints Parish was merged with the San Jose Parish and the San Jose School eventually closed as part of that merger. In 1958, the Sisters of the Incarnate Word sold the school to the All Saints Parish and the new school name became All Saints Parochial School also known as All Saints Catholic School.
Under the leadership of Bishop Vann and Don Miller, the Diocese of Fort Worth placed an emphasis on Catholic education and the importance of keeping it viable particularly in the inner city. Because of this, All Saints School relocated to the All Saints Catholic Church Parish Center from the summer of 2008 to November of 2009 while the school building underwent a much needed renovation and expansion project sponsored by the Diocese through the All Things Possible campaign. This campaign was also championed by long-time pastor, Father Stephen Jasso,TOR, who served as the pastor of the church and school from 1994-2018. Students moved into the renovated building in time to celebrate Thanksgiving in 2009, with the building being blessed and re-dedicated in January of 2010.
The parish and the school have been under many different religious orders including the Claretians, the Sisters of the Holy Spirit of San Antonio, the Franciscans, and are now under diocesan leadership. The current pastor, Father Manuel Holguin, has been the pastor since September 2020.